Business Show List
Grant Aid is an independent consultancy that specialises in sourcing both UK and EU grants, with a long and successful track record
Our team has an unparalleled success rate in obtaining grants as is befitting an organisation that works primarily on a 'no win no fee' basis!
How many grants are there?
There are in excess of 3,000 grants available in the UK and over 15,000 in the EU. We discover those grants that meet your requirements both in the UK, EU and Accession States.
Grant Aid News Letter
Register now to sign up to receive our news service - for free! You will be able to read all the latest grant funding news on this site. Plus we will send you our regular letter Grant Aid News packed with up to date information on EU and UK grant funding.
Producing the Business Plan
We are extremely experienced in writing business plans for a variety of fund raising purposes and can help you with yours.
We have extensive connections to providers of external finance and we are able to assist in applying for finance from Business Angel and Venture Capital sources.
Saving you time and Maximising your grant
Our function, acting on your behalf, is to maximise the grant awarded and our ability to negotiate successfully is based upon over 20 years of experience.
1) The purpose(s) for which the grant is being offered must be met by your project. The purpose may be very tightly defined e.g. ‘basic research into imaging technology for medical devices for blood screening’; or broad as in ‘increase productivity and/or employment’.
2) The size of your business. Some grants are only available to businesses of a certain size e.g. small or medium size businesses (SMEs). Often, even when open to businesses of any size, SMEs may receive favourable terms or special treatment.
3) The industry in which the applicant is active. Sometimes certain grants are only available to specific industries. Equally some industries may be excluded.
4) The location at which the project is to take place. Location is rarely of importance but for most capital investment grants and certain EU grants location requirements may be exact.
5) Need or additionality. Many grants are dependent on the applicant showing a need for the grant. Specifically the grant must add benefit to a project by making it go ahead, say, faster, on a larger scale or indeed at all. This concept is known as ‘additionality’ and is a key requirement for all major grants
6) The project must be viable in commercial terms. As grants will only ever provide a proportion of a projects cost the applicant will need to demonstrate the availability of the remaining funds ( ‘matching funds’). The overall commercial viability of the business applying will also be considered.